I had a little 5-year-old shadow the whole day. My little cousin is the cutest! She is so smart and has a fantastic memory. At one point, we were sitting on the couch and looking at our wedding photo book. I was pointing to people and asking if she remembered them, and when we got to my grandmother, she said, "Oh! I remember her! She was the one who gave you the coin to put in your wedding shoe!" I couldn't believe she remembered that! :) Later, she was gushing about taking dance, and I told her that I took dance for 16 years. Somehow, this blew her mind (she kept saying that there was no way I was older than 16, which will probably be a compliment someday!). I asked her what her favorite kind of dance was, to which she replied "Tap". Well, anyone who knows me at all knows that I could not live without my tap shoes. I told her that I am thankful every day that I know how to dance, and as a sage advice giver, I told her to never stop dancing. She continued to remind me of this profound statement aaalllllllll day, and she even made up a little dance to go with it. I wish I could describe in words...it would be impossible. I am kicking myself for not getting it on video! :)
Anyway, as surprising as this may sound, I don't know that I have ever been more ready for Christmas to come than I am this year. Maybe it was the anticipation of decorating our first tree together, being officially in charge of buying Christmas presents for both family and friends, or getting all the boxes of Christmas decorations bursting at the seams out of our hallway closet, but all I know is that I am pumped. I can't exactly pinpoint my excitement this year! No kidding, I got the decorations out the week before Thanksgiving! Andrew and I decorated our tree, which we are so grateful to have, and although a little bare, I love it! Also, I had a funny realization when I got all of our decorations out. Living in a dorm room, apartment, and a duplex though college, I felt like I had a TON of decorations. Come to find out, when I moved into a house with no roommates aside from a husband, I don't really have as much as I thought! :) I suppose I will accumulate more through the years! I am also contemplating making a wreath for our front door (anyone have any tips?). My friends all know how far from artistic I am, so we'll see how it turns out! :)
I wish everyone good luck doing all their Christmas shopping and decorating! :)
Two of my favorite decorations! :)
You HAVE to post some pics of your Christmas tree once it's up & decorated!!
ReplyDeleteAs for a wreath, I've been working on this pinecone wreath I found on Martha Stewart's website. It's really easy, but you need about a hundred pinecones. We have a couple of evergreens in the front yard, so I have plenty- I'll mail you some haha!!
My mom did all of our wreaths so she's a great resource on that topic! Glad you're loving the season as much as me, I'll have to post some pictures of the French decorations soon. Love you!! ♥
ReplyDelete