This is one of those "uninteresting blogs" we were talking about.
With moving to a new home, basic repairs and maintenance come up every now and again. Well, as things have seemed to calm down a bit after our extremely busy October (shout out to my newly married friends Rebecca & Wes and Jessi & Luke!), we decided to tackle some of those projects this past weekend. After 5 months of living in our house, we decided to hang up blinds in our front room and curtains in our bedroom! Yay!
We kept saying, "Oh, we'll just do it later", but later never came. When we decided to FINALLY follow through, I was very excited. A little too excited...
We went to the store and forgot to take the measurements with us. Logically, instead of driving the 5 minutes back to our house to do it right the first time, Andrew and I just decided to guess. We guessed incorrectly. We decided to take the blinds back to the store to exchange them, but when we got there, it was closed. Frustrated, but not defeated, we decided to drive to Wal-Mart to pick up some things while we were out. Andrew and I were walking around, doing some grocery shopping, when he stopped and looked shocked. I inquired as to what was the matter as I watched him nervously shake each of his pockets. Slowly, he turned, looked at me and announced, "I've forgotten my wallet! Well, I guess that isn't a big deal because you have...WAIT! Where is your purse!?" Sitting at home, naturally. Since we had a cart full of items, I was left stranded at Wal-Mart while my husband ran back home and retrieved his missing wallet. This would only happen to us. Seriously.
He was gone for over an hour. We live maybe 12-15 minutes from said Wal-Mart. Anyway, I got bored, so I called my daddy and my friend Crystal to "entertain" me while I was aimlessly walking around. By this time, I realized that I had been alone for quite some time. Of course, Andrew wouldn't answer his phone. Turns out, his buddy called him and his phone died...so he sat on our bed and plugged his phone in to talk to him. *sigh*
We got home, installed the blinds and the curtains, and now have 2 big check marks off of our "To Do" list! I think there is probably a lesson in there somewhere... Next check mark: figuring out how to get Gold Car to stop parking in front of our house. With our blinds, though, at least we won't have to stare at it anymore! :)

Oh, Alice! Uninteresting? Hardly!! This was a pleasure to read, as I giggled at least twice! I'm glad you shared no matter how "uninteresting" you thought it was...that or it was a verrrry clever setup of reverse psychology.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lauren xoxo
www.lovelaurenxoxo.blogspot.com