Friday, September 17, 2010

War Eagle?

I knew Andrew was a football fanatic before I married him, and he knew before we got married that I only cheer for Auburn and the Titans. This is our first football season as a married couple. This is a conversation from last Saturday.

"Honey, what are you watching?"
"The game."
"What game? Auburn played on Thursday!" 
"Yeah, I know. I'm watching the East Michigan vs. Miami (OH) game."
"Do you care about either of those teams?"
"No."
"Um............War Eagle?" *sarcasm and disgust does not translate well over the internet*

This got on my nerves. I didn't want to spend my entire Saturday night sitting in the living room watching football! I am constantly told by my mother to learn to love sports. When I was growing up, my Daddy never really watched sports often aside from the occasional, what I like to call, "NASCAR nap". My Mama is all about some football! She and Andrew talk football all the time, whether it is about the newest Auburn recruit, info and stats of the players, etc. Andrew even spends about an hour every week picking his "predictions" for the next set of games. Don't even get me started on his Fantasy Football team! I just don't think, even if I tried exceptionally hard, that I could care that much. I really just hope that the tailgating is fun and that we get good seats in the stadium! haha! I'm such a girl! :)

Plain and simple, Andrew just loves football. Take today, for instance. Andrew came home for lunch and said, "Alice, I had the worst nightmare last night. I dreamed that I slept the entire day on Saturday and woke up at 7 PM! I realized when I woke up that I had forgotten to make my predictions! I wanted to check ESPN to see if I could just look at the schedule to make my picks, but I remembered that ESPN updates the scores live! Gosh, it was a horrible dream!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I was preparing for some whimsical nightmare where he lost me in a sea of tall people. 

Anyway, I just don't understand it. Oh well! He's going to have to deal with me this coming week when all my shows start! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment