Sunday, September 26, 2010

"First comes LOVE, then comes MARRIAGE, then comes Alice with..."

Uh...no. Not any time soon. First two, check. We're waiting a couple of years on the last one! :)

Awkward transition..........GO!
I have the uncanny ability to remember a lot of my dreams. Before I got engaged to Andrew, I would dream about how he would propose, our future together, and "super awesome" date nights. When we got engaged, I was on top of the world! I buried myself in hundreds of wedding magazines, spent hours making a scrap book of all my favorite ideas, and perused many wedding websites and blogs. It was all sunshine and rainbows, except that I noticed I started having particularly strange dreams. I was immersed all day in wedding planning, so it's no surprise that I began having planning dreams. They started off mild, not anything too alarming. I would dream that I forgot to order flowers or all the bridesmaid dresses came in the wrong color, things like that.

As time went on, I began having stranger dreams. Once, I dreamed that Andrew forgot what order you were supposed to do things and decided to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon first instead of getting married first. I dreamed I slept all the way through the ceremony and nobody bothered to wake me up. Then, the absolutely insane and crazy dreams started. I remember one in such vivid detail, I thought I would share it. :) 

Do not be alarmed. Remember, this was only a dream...
     I was loudly awakened by my cousin/maid-of-honor screaming in my face that it was my wedding day and I had to get to the Church! I was in a daze, certain that we still had weeks before the big day. I stumbled over to the calendar and noticed that, nope, I was wrong!! I quickly put on my dress, which was 2 sizes too big because I had forgotten to get it altered, brushed my hair (which magically turned itself into a beautiful up-do), slapped on some makeup and ran outside. I realized that, yes, I had all my bridesmaids accounted for, they were all dressed and ready to go, and everyone looked beautiful (they all do anyway!). That calmed me down a bit until I realized that we still had to make it to the Church. Nobody, including the neighbors, had a car. I called Andrew, because I was upset, and realized that he was walking up my driveway. Dang, he saw me in my dress. He tried to calm me down until I noticed that nobody we had invited had shown up. I was flooded with shock when I remembered that we had forgotten to send out invitations!!! I called my Church in a panic, and they told me that if I didn't have any guests, we couldn't have a wedding there. At this point, the entire wedding party was present and was lined up as if we were actually in the ceremony. *dreams are weird like that* So, I'm standing there, on my front porch, my bridesmaids behind me, the groomsmen behind Andrew, and he and I were looking at each other and holding hands as you would during a wedding ceremony. I guess we had decided to just get married on my front porch...except that I had forgotten all about the poor minister, who got lost and ended up in Mt. Pleasant (about 15 miles down the road). The dream ended with me looking down and realizing that my dress, because it was too big, was now around my ankles. HORROR!!!!

Whew! Back to reality! I was stressed just reliving that! :)

The title ties in because I thought my wacky dreams would stop once we finally tied the knot. I was wrong. It has progressed to baby dreams. I have one at least once a week! I know that I'm not the only newlywed who has these dreams, but I have been told by someone older and much wiser than myself that they never end. To my knowledge, there is no known cause for these strange dreams, but I suppose I could chalk it up to the multitude of diaper and toy commercials that plague daytime television... :)

My adorable Godson, Kole David!!

1 comment:

  1. What a crazy dream, haha!! I would never scream in your face! We need to skype again soon! I love you and will talk to you later.

    ♥Ellen

    ReplyDelete