If you can't tell by now, I still dislike Halloween more than any other day of the year. For some reason, this year I decided that I would just give in and force myself to get into the decorating spirit. I've acquired random decorations here and there for years now, but as I was decorating a few weeks ago, I realized that I wanted something different and new; something unique. I had no idea where to start. I found my answer in a website called Pinterest. Most of the people who read the blog know that I'm not very artistic, nor am I one to "make" things. However, once I discovered Pinterest and the fabulous craft ideas people post, something clicked inside me. A very creative side of myself that I didn't know existed had emerged! In the short month I've had a Pinterest account, I have made two Halloween decorations (pictures to follow), figured out what I'm going to make (yes, MAKE) some of my friends for Christmas, started a Christmas yarn wreath, learned how to make felt flowers, gotten and used some unique organizing tips, AND found a love for an extremely useful product, Mod Podge. Just call me Little Miss Crafty! :)
Hopefully, this craft kick will continue. I'm actually liking the Halloween crafts and party ideas I'm finding on Pinterest, surprisingly enough! I've truly been enjoying myself, and it's helped get my mind off the fact that my least favorite day of the year is quickly approaching. No worries, though. This half of the Miller A-Team will continue to valiantly fight off the urge to make her husband answer the door all night. "Happy" Halloween! :)
Wooden BOO! I painted all faces/belt on the characters & Mod Podged the letters!
Pumpkins on a burlap background!


No comments:
Post a Comment